Thursday, November 12, 2009

Welcome

I started my career as an outside sales rep and most recently served as VP of Sales and Marketing.  Over the years I've learned a lot about the theory and actual application of sales and marketing systems.  The most  outstanding fact in my long experience is that Internet or Online marketing is the most powerful sales tool I have ever implemented.  I want more people to be aware of this and implement it in their business.  More success will follow.

There are two tracks in online marketing.  They are; 1. Fully integrated where leads are found and sold online in an automated process that does not involve human beings.  2. Lead generation that produces sales leads that are then handed off to a team of sales people for conversion to revenue dollars.  Though both use the Internet to identify sales opportunities they could not be more different in terms of the sales process.  Each is a discipline of its own requiring different skills and talents to optimize results.

In this blog we will be talking about #2, generating leads for an offline sales team.  Get ready it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment